Thursday, August 25, 2011
How to Create Floral Waters and Colognes
• 2 tablespoons fresh rose petals
• 2 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
• 1 cup filtered or distilled water
• 1⁄2 cup vodka or witch hazel
1. Place flower petals, lemon zest and mint leaves in small saucepan. Pour water over ingredients and heat until just boiling.
2. Remove from heat and let sit until cool. Add vodka or witch hazel and pour into clean jar.
3. Let the mixture sit for 2 weeks. Then strain out all solids using a fine strainer or coffee filter. Pour into a clean container.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002). To contact her, visit www.janicecox.com.
Click here for the original article, Body & Soul: How to Create Floral Waters and Colognes.