Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another question on gardening. Amaryllis


I have a question regarding forcing Amaryllis bulbs.  No matter where I have lived nor what source I used to purchase Amaryllis for forcing at Christmas, the leaves and stalk always have an orangish-red fungus(?) appear.  This unknown disease spreads, causing splits to appear in the leaves and stalk.  Frequently the leaves and stalks break.  What is this?  I was told to dip the bulbs in a weak Clorox solution prior to planting, the problem still flared up.  No matter whether they are inexpensive or costly, this always happens.  Help.  What do I do?

Ardith P

IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER please click on comment and answer the question for Ardith and also for the rest of us who now have the same question.  We still don't have an answer to the Gardenia or Camillia

We really want COMMENTS.  Please give us feed back to the articles or give us ideas of what you want mentioned on this blog.

No comments: