Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Witherspoon Flower Arranging Workshop: Sept 26
Sign Up Today
We still have just a couple of spots left in Durham and Charlotte for this workshop. Join us as we use the beauty of fall roses to create arrangements for your home. $20 workshop fee includes container, supplies, fresh cut roses, & greenery.
How to Sign Up:
1. Online Anytime : click here
2. Call Mon - Sat, 9 -5 : (800) 643-0315
Guest Workshop Leader in Durham: Trish Koontz
Trish Koontz wears many hats as a real estate broker, a retired schoolteacher, a certified dog trainer, mom, wife, and passionate gardener (check out her extensive gardens). Trish grew up in a family florist and commercial orchid greenhouse business. She started designing at an early age under the tutelage of her gifted award-winning mother. Trish had her own florist shop for many years and has won a number of design competitions herself. She designs now for family, for fun, and occasionally for special celebrations such as weddings.
In the upcoming workshop you will create a "Daring Duet" design with tips and tricks provided by Trish. Using the garden materials cut from the Witherspoon gardens, you'll learn how to choose a dramatic duet of colors and then combine them into a striking table piece suitable for many occasions. Hope you will join us!
Top 5 Tools to Make Arranging Fun!
Fall is one of the best times for cut roses! What better way to enjoy the beauty than arranging them for inside your home. Check out our Top 5 Tools for Arranging!
1. Rose Caddy - perfect for collecting roses and flowers from your garden and keeping them fresh!
2. Floralife - great preservative for helping your cut flowers last!
3. Vase Brace - perfect for not only providing a stable base for your vase when arranging, but a handy tool for transporting your creations in the car!
4. Easy Arrangers - this bendable grid provides you with a guide for arranging your flowers in a vase.
5. Thorn Strippers - your hands will thank you! Try removing thorns and leaves from stems with a thorn stripper.