- 38 kid-tested and kid-approved projects for young gardeners ages 6-14.
- More than 50 illustrations energize the book.
- Every page piques kids’ curiosity about plants and sparks their creativity.
- Primer on tools, identification of plant parts, and simple vocabulary.
- Easy-to-follow format makes gardening doable.
- All projects include materials that can easily be found around the house.
- Teaches how to create garden spaces from a recycled pop bottle planter to a raised garden bed.
- Long-term projects are paired with short-term crafts.
- Step-by-step instructions and illustrations, plus color photographs of finished projects.
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Books: New Junior Garden Book: Cool projects for kids to make and grow
Better Homes and Gardens Books, Rushing, Felder
Published by Better Homes and Gardens, 1999
ISBN 10: 0696208490
ISBN 13: 9780696208492
Unlike other children’s books, this one talks to kids, not their parents. Vibrant copy and zany illustrations will excite them about digging in the dirt, planting, making special projects, and loving nature.