Contributed by Caroline Carrington
|Daffodils are in bloom next to the University Drive sign thanks to the |
fall planting by Camille Carrington, daughter of Caroline Carrington (FH).
- At least 2 FH Garden Club members should be "sponsors" of the Jr. Garden Club, to organize and lead activities, and provide status report updates at FH Club meetings.
- Parents should be supportive of activities and attend scheduled events with their child (no child should be unsupervised).
- Event/Meetings: November, February, April
- Event/Meeting should feature an activity that supports mission or goals of FH Garden Club (i.e. Briggs Community Garden work (weeding, watering, whatever is age appropriate) or planting bulbs in public areas around Forest Hill Park).
- Event/Meeting should also include a "teachable moment" to share the beauty, serenity and joy of gardening. We may even want to teach the Garden Club Collect to Jr. members or incorporate some of the historical aspects of the garden club to help instill the longevity and legacy of the FH Garden Club.
- Open to children (boys and girls) whose parents are current members of Forest Hills Garden Club
- Ages: 4-12 (TBD)? Children should at least be of the age to participate in activities and follow basic instructions
- Membership Fee: $5 for basic supplies of gloves, or small spade? (Dues may be required for Durham Council of Garden Club for Youth Garden Clubs
- At least 3 Proposed Events:
If the dates work well: consider adding additional events in other months or include an off-site SEEDS activity.
- Lemonade stand near the FH Clubhouse in late spring/early summer to raise money for SEEDS.
- Group craft activity in the Fall (making a birdhouse, painted pot, etc.) to donate for the December Holiday Forest Hills Garden Club (Fundraising) Auction, or for VA Hospital.